Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Are You Ready for All Hallow's Read?

http://bit.ly/v5ebwL

Neil Gaiman started a new holiday tradition, All Hallow’s Read. You can read the particulars on his site but the idea is simple: give friends and family scary books (new or old) around Hallowe’en time, in addition to the sugar high goodness of trick-or-treating. It is a gracious and inspirational idea, one that embodies the fun of gathering together on holidays to share stories, tell old tales and make up new ones....

4 comments:

Karen in Sleepy Hollow said...

I love All Hallow's Read. I live in Sleepy Hollow, New York and we take Halloween seriously around here. The way I celebrate is to do a spooky book drop in Sleepy Hollow Cemetery. I go to library sales and church bazaars to collect used books. The books are protected by clear plastic bags and labeled to be taken home. I leave them near gravestones and monuments for people to find on Halloween day. Happy Halloween everyone!

Susanna said...

I love it, and this is perfect for my Gaiman-loving teen who has outgrown trick-or-treating for candy. Do you have a post with a list of great scary books for teens? (Ours would love something with a fantasy element or a well-written realistic fiction element, ideally with a female protagonist ...)

hungry reader said...

Karen in Sleepy Hollow!

You are marvelous. What a fun way to celebrate Halloween. I'm sure Neil Gaiman would LOVE to know about this.

hungry reader said...

Susanna:

We don't have one of our own, but I found this one for your teen reader:

monsterlibrarian.com/slashersya.htm

It looked pretty good to us.

Happy Halloween!