Tuesday, January 4, 2011

TC Tidbits: Another Slice of TC Life from Evan

One night, I decided to order dinner from Goodfriends Restaurant while working at the Tattered Cover Bookstore. I asked around to see if any of my co-workers would be interested in ordering as well. Two co-workers said that yes, they would like to split a burger.

I called Goodfriends and the woman answered the phone and said “Hello, Goodfriends” or “Good evening, Goodfriends” or something like that. Then I said “Hi, this is Evan from Tattered Cover.” Generally when I order food from a restaurant I don’t introduce myself in that way, but I had been working at the store for about four hours interacting with customers and was in work mode.

I ordered fish and chips and a Chicago burger with cheddar cheese. I said to the woman “I was hoping you could tell me what the titleI mean totalis.” And she said to me “The title is, Evan is Coming to Dinner at Goodfriends.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That would have made my day if it happened to me. (Although my name is not Evan.)