Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Guest Blogger Brandon Says, " I have learned to love my life because of this book."

http://bit.ly/1jrdEXl

Sometimes you don't wake up. But if you happen to, you know things will never be the same.

Three lives, three different paths to the same destination: Aspen Springs, a psychiatric hospital for those who have attempted the ultimate act -- suicide.

Vanessa is beautiful and smart, but her secrets keep her answering the call of the blade.

Tony, after suffering a painful childhood, can only find peace through pills.

And Conner, outwardly, has the perfect life. But dig a little deeper and find a boy who is in constant battle with his parents, his life, himself.

In one instant each of these young people decided enough was enough. They grabbed the blade, the bottle, the gun -- and tried to end it all. Now they have a second chance, and just maybe, with each other's help, they can find their way to a better life -- but only if they're strong and can fight the demons that brought them here in the first place.
 
Brandon says: 
"I would rate this book on a scale from 1- 10, an 8, I liked all the suspense and how heart stopping it was. I really didn’t like how the kids were suicidal. It made me sad. Over all, I liked the book. It shows how kids with depression go on about their lives. It shows the struggle and how you should never take life for granted. I honestly would recommend this book to teens to show them not to take life as just time to mess around but to live and make the most out of how you live. The message that was sent to me from this book is do the best I can and never give up no matter who puts you down. I personally learned from this book how not to make stupid decisions, but to do what I love and succeed. I would much rather become what I want then be a failure. This book has taught me a lot about life. I’m never going become someone I’m not. This book teaches a good lesson to those who struggle with life. Readers will learn that there are kids in worse positions than they are. I have learned to love my life because of this book."

No comments: