Thursday, February 20, 2014

Jackie's Love Letter To This Book of Letters

http://bit.ly/1cJSoFK
"I am crazy about epistolary narratives--I used to be a big letter writer, but time and technology has pretty much made that all go away for me.  So I get my "hit" from books like this one.  It's inspired by the relationship between Flannery O'Conner and Robert Lowell and follows their changing relationships over a large number of years.  Both are very clever, but have their quirks (and demons) that bring them together and pull them apart.  I found this book a lovely way to "experience" the writing life, a complicated love affair, and a struggle with faith and addiction.  This is a wonderful bittersweet story from a debut novelist, and I happily recommend it, and think it would make a fantastic book club read."

~ Jackie

No comments: