Monday, February 17, 2014

"I truly enjoyed the book and strongly recommend it to anyone who ever had a mother." ~Jackie

http://bit.ly/1fl8YNZ
"You might be wondering about the title.  It's comes from something that Corrigan's mother said about their family: "Your father's the glitter but I am the glue."  This is a memoir of being a young nanny in many ways, but it's also a good meditation on mothers, mothering, and family dynamics.  It's touching and baldly honest--Corrigan doesn't hold much, if anything, back.  I saw a lot of me and my mother in this book (and did some cringing at the memories), but mostly  I truly enjoyed the book and strongly recommend it to anyone who ever had a mother."

~Jackie



Just a reminder: Kelly Corrigan will be at our Highland's Ranch store at 7:30 pm on Wednesday, Feb. 19, 2014.  It's free and open to the public.  Grab all the mother's you know and bring them there!

No comments: