Thursday, November 28, 2013

"What can I say except Patchett is a superb writer." ~Jackie

http://bit.ly/1cwI1Kt
"This is a collection of articles, largely from her past as a free-lance magazine writer, with a few new essays added in.

What can I say except Patchett is a superb writer. She boldly puts herself into the pieces, and she really doesn't seem to hide much of anything, nor is she particularly modest. She's a rather direct kind of person, and her opinions are clear and believable. She's at her best when she writes about her family and her beloved dog, and, of course, talking about the importance of books and book stores and especially independent bookstores, but every single piece in this collection was well worth the reading.

I've never read any of her fiction, but now all of it is on my "to-read" list. I'm certain none of those will disappoint as well."

--Jackie










No comments: