Sunday, October 6, 2013

"Jerry Pinkney has become one of my most favorite artists." ~ Jackie


This companion to the Caldecott Medal-winning The Lion & the Mouse is Jerry Pinkney's most stunning masterpiece yet. Even the slowest tortoise can defeat the quickest hare, and even the proudest hare can learn a timeless lesson from the most humble tortoise: Slow and steady wins the race! Here is a superbly rendered journey from starting line to finish that embodies the bravery, perseverance, and humility we can all find inside ourselves.



Jackie says:
"Jerry Pinkney has become one of my most favorite artists.  There is so much depth and detail to his work, I have literally sat for hours just soaking in his beautiful illustrations.  I cannot praise him enough nor can I recommend him highly enough.  Come in and look at the book--I'm betting you'll leave the store with it, and perhaps at couple of his other works as well."

No comments: