Friday, November 5, 2010

MPIBA Cookbook Recommnedations

Oldman's Brave New World of Wines Mark Oldman--known to millions of PBS viewers as the main judge on "The Winemakers"--is here to rescue your taste buds with a groundbreaking guide to irresistible wines of moderate cost and maximum appeal.





The Pure Joy of Monastery Cooking
Brother Victor established a lasting place in the cookbook world with his From a Monastery Kitchen and 12 Months of Monastery Soups, which have sold 1.5 million and 2.5 million copies respectively worldwide.

The Pure Joy of Monastery Cooking takes Brother Victor’s work a step further with his first fully illustrated cookbook. The meatless recipes collected here capture the essence of culinary and spiritual simplicity as lived at Our Lady of the Resurrection Monastery. And simplicity is here integrated with the virtues of frugality and prudence in a complete cookbook covering appetizers, soups, salads, entrées, crepes, breads, sauces, and desserts.

Brother Victor’s authentic message of simple elegance provides the perfect culinary approach for today’s world. The focus on local ingredients, home cooking, and fine dining is an antidote to the overhyped, overprocessed, and overproduced environment in which we live and eat. Brother Victor’s authenticity shines through in his writing and in the gorgeous photographs taken in the pastoral garden of the monastery where he developed these recipes.

Every cook and kitchen will delight in these 200+ recipes—from Leeks Vinaigrette (notable in light of Brother Victor’s renowned vinegars), to an extensive collection of egg and omelet dishes; crepes and pancakes; vegetarian casseroles; pasta, rice, and couscous dishes; vegetable courses; and desserts. 90+ color photographs

The Pioneer Woman Cooks
My name is Ree.

Some folks know me as The Pioneer Woman.

After years of living in Los Angeles, I made a pit stop in my hometown in Oklahoma on the way to a new, exciting life in Chicago. It was during my stay at home that I met Marlboro Man, a mysterious cowboy with steely blue eyes and a muscular, work-honed body. A strict vegetarian, I fell hard and fast, and before I knew it we were married and living on his ranch in the middle of nowhere, taking care of animals, and managing a brood of four young children. I had no idea how I'd wound up there, but I knew it was exactly where I belonged.

The Pioneer Woman Cooks is a homespun collection of photography, rural stories, and scrumptious recipes that have defined my experience in the country. I share many of the delicious cowboy-tested recipes I've learned to make during my years as an accidental ranch wife—including Rib-Eye Steak with Whiskey Cream Sauce, Lasagna, Fried Chicken, Patsy's Blackberry Cobbler, and Cinnamon Rolls—not to mention several "cowgirl-friendly" dishes, such as Sherried Tomato Soup, Olive Cheese Bread, and Creme Brulee. I show my recipes in full color, step-by-step detail, so it's as easy as pie to follow along.

You'll also find colorful images of rural life: cows, horses, country kids, and plenty of chaps-wearing cowboys.

I hope you get a kick out of this book of mine. I hope it makes you smile. I hope the recipes bring you recognition, accolades, and marriage proposals. And I hope it encourages even the most harried urban cook to slow down, relish the joys of family, nature, and great food, and enjoy life.

Teen Cuisine

Calling All Teens ...

Take over the vast empty space called the kitchen and learn gourmet cooking from a master chef!

Includes:

  • "Pizza Coast-to-Coast" section introduces pizza from three regions of the United States: New York, Chicago, and California
  • More than 60 dazzling photographs by James Peterson
  • "On Your Mark ... Get Set ... Cook!" format of recipes provides helpful organization
  • Step-by-step drawings clarify steps whenever necessary
  • Chef’s tips, safety section, cooking terms, and definitions
  • Tips on kitchen essentials and kitchen equipment
  • An emphasis on fresh, nutritious ingredients for healthy eating



No comments: