Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Sometimes My Job Is Just Too Much Fun!!!

This is a banner week for me--I get to hang out with two of my favorite authors, and so do you, though you are going to have to pick one because both will be at a Tattered Cover on Thursday, May 24, but not the same one.

At 7:30 pm at our Colfax Avenue store, Diana Abu-Jaber will be reading from and signing her new paperback edition of  Birds of Paradise.

✑ Here is a link to my review of the hardcover when it first came out.

Since I can't be two places at once, I was lucky to be able to set up a lunch with Diana earlier in the day to chat about the book, what's coming next, etc.  I'll be taking notes and pictures and sharing them in a future BTC post. 


At 7:30 pm at our Historic Lodo Store, debut author Benjamin Busch will be reading from and signing his novel Dust to Dust.  I was absolutely blown away by his writing, and I can't wait to meet him.  Here is a link to my review of the book.

I won't have as much time to chat with him, but I promise to snap plenty of pictures, and maybe some video (no promises there, though.  I'm not a very good videographer, but I will try).

I also want to stress how much fun it is to go to a live author signing.  I've learned so much about books, people, and writing going to them, and generally some nugget of wisdom in each and every one.  That's one of the amazing benefit of independent, bricks and mortar book stores, and just another reason to love my job!  You can always check out who Tattered Cover has coming when on the home page of our website.

Thanks!  Hope to see you at the events!!!!!

--Jackie



No comments: