Sunday, October 17, 2010

TC Tidbits: Evan and the Elevator (A Slice of TC Life)

I was shelving books at the Tattered Cover Bookstore on the main level near the elevator. The only customer inside came out, but somehow there was still a voice coming from inside the elevator. I had to investigate.

Once inside, I heard a female voice on the speaker asking me questions about my sleep habits. She asked me, for example, whether I use a pillow when I sleep. I was having some trouble understanding her and was a bit on the confused side. By this time, the elevator had come down to the lower level. It opened up. A customer stepped in.

The woman on the speaker told us that if we participated in a study, we might be eligible for a small role in a TV show or movie. I said to her “Do you realize you have called an elevator?” She hung up. So, I figured that every elevator must have its own phone number, and without knowing it, a telemarketer (from Topeka or somewhere) dialed the Tattered Cover elevator.

--Evan

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your writing Evan........keep it up!

Anonymous said...

I laugh every time I hear that story.

Anonymous said...

Hilarious - at least it wasn't a political robo call!

Naomi said...

Ha, that's funny. I might have thought I was losing my mind!

Anonymous said...

How funny! It's amazing if this elevator hasn't gotten a political robo call!

Anonymous said...

She could have serenaded you with elevator music. Rebecca