Monday, August 12, 2013

"There are some sentences and paragraphs so smart and beautifully written that you'll want to have a highlighter close at hand." ~Pete

"I read a galley version of Manuscript Found in Accra with pages falling out and me stuffing them back in as well as I could. I guess it's a fitting way to read this novel, which concerns the discovery of a long lost manuscript that surely must have been in less than mint condition, having been written around 1307 and discovered in a cave. 

The manuscript describes a long q&a lecture given by a mysterious man of Greek descent called Copt. Jerusalem is surrounded and on the eve of being sacked, but all hope is not lost. It is Copt's wish that maybe, just maybe, some of the wisdom from the night's lecture will scatter in the wind and find seed in future thinkers and dreamers. 
 
I would recommend this book to fans of  The Four Agreements or any book of wisdom and peace. There are some sentences and paragraphs so smart and beautifully written that you'll want to have a highlighter close at hand. I would love to have the original manuscript found in Accra, but will settle for my beat up galley any day."
 
 
--Pete

No comments: