Thursday, December 19, 2013

"I wish more women, in fiction and in reality, were like Alma." ~Miki

http://bit.ly/GzR7rh
"I had never read Gilbert's fiction before, so I went in a little hesitant. Now, I am reading her short fiction and have Stern Men on the bed side table. The Signature of All Things has made a believer out of me.
 

Gilbert has written such a lovely story with an amazing setting. I could go on and on about the vivid world that she has created for Alma.
 

Even better than the stunning world that she plunged me into, was the empowering and unusual characterization of Alma herself.  Alma is a smart, educated, strong, and curious woman who owns who she is and recognizes her faults. She is proud, stubborn, caring, and thoughtful. Alma felt so real. There was no way to stereotype her or fit her into a little box.
 

I wish more women, in fiction and in reality, were like Alma.
 

Good Job, Liz Gilbert!!"

~Miki

No comments: