Sunday, December 26, 2010

TC Tidbit: Kelly Corrigan's Favorite Read of 2010 Was...


"I loved Richard Ford's The Sportswriter. It's dark, even bleak at times, but the things he's getting at are real and this narrator he's created can't seem to decide if his life is all right or all wrong. That seemed familiar."

--Kelly Corrigan, author of The Middle Place and Lift

What's Kelly up to these days?

"I’m working on a screenplay, a comedy about an old storybook theme park near my house. My friend, Betsy Barnes, is writing it with me and my other friend, Tammy Stedman, is consulting (she won an Oscar for a short film she produced the same year American Beauty won for Best Picture.) We’ve been at it since the summer of 2008 and some days, it seems like it’s almost finished. (Others, it feels like making beds and putting away dishes…just another thing I need to do every day.) "

No comments: