Tuesday, October 6, 2009

David Small this Wednesday


My coworker, Charles, handed me a book recently and told me, "Joe, you have to read this." I hesitated as I always do when someone tells me I have to do something. And then one evening I picked up the book. And I devoured it. And I have been walking around the store telling people, "You have to read this book." It's powerful. It's humorous. It's touching and very sad. I'm glad I read it. And the exciting thing is this: not only can you read this book, you can come to the Tattered Cover LoDo store this Wednesday night, October 7, and meet David Small. He's the author of Stitches: A Memoir.

David Small is reading this Wednesday at 7:30 at the Tattered Cover Lower Downtown.

Here is an interview with him on NPR.


Below is a series of scenes from the book.


--Joe

1 comment:

Corey Lansdell said...

My wife and I love Sarah Stewart and David Small’s work. This book will be a must have fro me I think. His work is so inspirational to me. He seems to be a master of creating tone and mood and creates so much character depth through his work.

Though this sounds like a saddening read I can’t help but be compelled to read it. I think the fact that he had these struggles in his life add to the value and creditability of the gentleness, sensitivity and warmth in his work.

Thanks for the post
Our 1984 blog
Corey